Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shakespearean Cologne Anyone?

This link was passed on to me by a friend that knows I am a diehard Shakespeare lover and I thought you all would appreciate it as well. It’s a website called Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab that sells perfumes and colognes but the fun thing about it is that all the scents are named after characters in Shakespearean plays! Neat huh (yes I said the word neat)? I think they also have scents named after other classic novel works and characters but I like the Shakespeare thing the most. I mean, if you just read the descriptions of each perfume it’s perfect. Like this one:

Lady Macbeth: The essence of ambition, covetousness and manipulation: sweet Bordeaux wine, blood red currant, thyme and wild berries.

Oh and this one:

Yorick: Grave dirt, bone, decay, angel's trumpet, and moldering scraps of shroud: the essence of finality.

Aren’t those great?!

3 comments:

Red said...

This is fantastic! And as one who loves both Shakespeare and fragrance, what a fun combination. Assuming at least that the fragrances smell good.

llevinso said...

Exactly. I have no idea how these actually smell but what fun!

Jen said...

This is such a good gift idea (as long as they smell nice). Thanks for sharing!

Jen at The Broke and the Bookish