Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Am Very Stylish

Wow, well this last month, actually these last two months, have been so incredibly busy for me I have fallen extremely behind in my blogging duties. As a result I haven’t been that great of a blogging buddy to some of my friends, and as such I apologize (bad blogger! bad!). I will try to make up for that now by finally accepting my Stylish Blogger Award that I was so graciously given to me by not 1 but 3 of my fellow bloggers! Yay me :)
So thank you very much Perri over at Lesser Apricots Jenny at Lit Endeavors and Karen over at Bibliophilic Blather. Love you all!

So since I won this prestigious award, I’m now supposed to tell you all 7 things you may not know about me. So here goes…

1. I know this is a literary blog, but I’m not a fan of Charles Dickens. I know, the horror! I just never liked him when I was forced to read his stuff in school. But I’m going to attempt to read him again later this year and try to remedy that.

2. I decided to start this blog over really getting incensed thinking about the double standards presented in the book The Odyssey. I wrote a post about it here.

3. I didn’t claim the feminist label until I was almost done with college. I thought that that would have to mean I hated men. How wrong and misinformed I was!

4. My grandmother, who is no longer alive, is a source of inspiration for me and though she would never have called herself a feminist I truly believe that is what she was.

5. I’m now in my late 20s but I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. If it could somehow involve books or writing that would be fantastic.

6. This should be obvious but I’m a proud supporter of Planned Parenthood. I know my blog isn’t always as feminist in tone because it’s more about books and whatnot but if you follow me on Twitter I post a lot more feminist-type links there.

7. My poor kitty, Misha, is a long-hair and has to get shaved once a year to keep her coat looking nice. I just got it done last week and she looks ridiculous right now. I’ll try to post a pic of her in all her glory later this week if I get a chance.

The last part of this award is I have to bestow it on 8 other wonderful bloggers. So, the awards go to:


So go visit their blogs, they’re really good :) And I promise I’m trying to get back up to speed with mine. Things have just been super crazy around here.

8 comments:

Red said...

Thanks so much for the award! I'm going to go check out the other blogs you've listed above! And PS, I'm also in my late 20s and have no idea what I want to do either.

bookspersonally said...

Thanks so much! What a lovely surprise. That is such a nice remembrance of your grandmother - the label of feminism is only as important as that inspiration and encouragement is!

Very much looking forward to reading & following everyone else.

Audra said...

AWWW, thank you!! So pleased to be given this honor -- thank you!!

Love your seven tidbits -- always thrilled to meet more bookish feminists and PP supporters! Looking forward to visiting the other winners!

sawcat said...

Congrats.

1. I'm the same. First one I've read and really liked is Little Dorrit. Maybe its because it was my choice for a Dickens novel, and not one assigned, or its just more my style....who knows.

9. Poor kitty. Never heard that being done for cats

Audra said...

PS: My best friend has a cat who gets shaved too -- she looks ridiculous but looooves gettin' love afterwards. We can't help laughing at her because she's an rather unsightly so nude!

Wall-to-wall books said...

AWWW hey thanks!
You don't seem like you are in your 20's, you seem older and wiser than that, LOL!
I have a Maine Con cat and even though her hair is about 3" long it does not tangle! One of the traits of a Maine Coon!

picky girl said...

Thanks so much!! It's always nice to be noticed. And, by the way, your points 1 and 3 are so me. Dead on. And yes, as Audra says, it is nice to find another feminist book blogger.

llevinso said...

You are all very welcome! Am I just so generous ;)

And yeah, not all long-hair cats have to get shaved, but my silly Misha refuses to take proper care of her fur so shaved it is!