Wow, well this last month, actually these last two months, have been so incredibly busy for me I have fallen extremely behind in my blogging duties. As a result I haven’t been that great of a blogging buddy to some of my friends, and as such I apologize (bad blogger! bad!). I will try to make up for that now by finally accepting my Stylish Blogger Award that I was so graciously given to me by not 1 but 3 of my fellow bloggers! Yay me :)
So thank you very much Perri over at Lesser Apricots Jenny at Lit Endeavors and Karen over at Bibliophilic Blather. Love you all!
So since I won this prestigious award, I’m now supposed to tell you all 7 things you may not know about me. So here goes…
1. I know this is a literary blog, but I’m not a fan of Charles Dickens. I know, the horror! I just never liked him when I was forced to read his stuff in school. But I’m going to attempt to read him again later this year and try to remedy that.
2. I decided to start this blog over really getting incensed thinking about the double standards presented in the book The Odyssey. I wrote a post about it here.
3. I didn’t claim the feminist label until I was almost done with college. I thought that that would have to mean I hated men. How wrong and misinformed I was!
4. My grandmother, who is no longer alive, is a source of inspiration for me and though she would never have called herself a feminist I truly believe that is what she was.
5. I’m now in my late 20s but I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. If it could somehow involve books or writing that would be fantastic.
6. This should be obvious but I’m a proud supporter of Planned Parenthood. I know my blog isn’t always as feminist in tone because it’s more about books and whatnot but if you follow me on Twitter I post a lot more feminist-type links there.
7. My poor kitty, Misha, is a long-hair and has to get shaved once a year to keep her coat looking nice. I just got it done last week and she looks ridiculous right now. I’ll try to post a pic of her in all her glory later this week if I get a chance.
The last part of this award is I have to bestow it on 8 other wonderful bloggers. So, the awards go to:
So go visit their blogs, they’re really good :) And I promise I’m trying to get back up to speed with mine. Things have just been super crazy around here.