Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fantastic Five Friday! (on Saturday)

BLOGGER SUCKS TODAY! Oh my goodness I'm really pissed off. I had a whole post ready to go for my FFF on Saturday, a day late but whatever and it will not post correctly. I had a whole poetry theme because it's National Poetry Month but I can't do it! Sentences are getting misplaced everywhere and pictures fucking up. Son of b!$#h! And you know me. I don't curse on this blog but I am beyond frustrated. I've been sitting at my computer for over an hour trying to get this done.
 
So here. I was going to post all these lovely children's poems for me Fantastic Five Friday (on Saturday) post but that's not going to happen. Instead I'd like to turn your attention to this website: http://www.poetry.com/greatest-childrens-poems/ where I was going to copy and paste a couple poems from like Robert Louis Stevenson's The Land of Nod and Sarah Josepha Hale's Mary's Lamb. Also I was going to post some Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelustky because who doesn't love them. But when I type out a poem it gets all kinds of messed up so SCREW IT!
 
Hope everyone else is having a better day!

5 comments:

bookspersonally said...

Sorry blogger is acting up on you :( but very nice link! Remember loving the Christina Rosetti poems as a child in addition to Stevenson & Silverstein!

llevinso said...

Well I'm glad some enjoyment could come out of my post :)

And since I couldn't post one of my favorite lullabyes my mom would sing me when I was little in the body, I'll post it here:

I See the Moon by Anonymous

I see the moon and the moon sees me;
The moon sees somebody I'd like to see;
God bless the moon and God bless me;
And God bless the somebody I'd like to see.

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Yes, I remember The Land of Nod...
And I had the same trouble with Colette the other day - well, Colette was the innocent victim, but you should have heard the language behind the scenes. I had to call my 15-year-old for technical assistance. Cue much sighing, and pitying looks.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh wow! Is this Poetry month??? I am so glad you said something, I missed that somehow.
Sometimes I have trouble with blogger too. Sometimes things just don't want to post right.

Oh my gosh! I used to say that moon poem with my daughter all the time!!!! It almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.

Robyn Ryle said...

Ooh, for some reason, late at night Blogger often goes all wonky on me and suddenly just won't act right. That's frustrating and I feel your pain.