Okay, since I didn't have a post yesterday (and my earlier post was more of a rant than anything) I decided to post twice for today.
I found this questioneer over at Wall-to-Wall Books and decided to post it here as well because it looked like fun. So I hope you enjoy! Feel free to post (and link back) on your own blogs :)
1. What kind of eReader do you own?
Kindle. the new kind with WiFi and 3G.
2. How long have you had it?
I got it for Christmas this year. Thanks Mom and Dad!
3. What was your first bought book?
I haven't "bought" a book yet. Hooray for free classics! But the first book I downloaded and read was Persuasion by Jane Austen. However for my birthday my family did buy me a few books for my Kindle. But I still haven't bought anything on it.
4. Name 3 random books on your eReader "shelves" or in your "library" that are waiting to be read.
-The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
-Richard III by William Shakespeare
-Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
5. Name 3 random books on your eBook wishlist.
These would be ones I actually would have to pay for. I'm just afraid that once I start buying books it'll be a slippery slope, haha.
-The Lost City of Z by David Grann
-Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
-Kindred by Octavia Butler
6. What will your next purchase probably be and why?
Well, that would be my first EVER purchase and so it'll be some really dirt cheap classic for like $1 or something. Probably Island by Aldous Huxley.
7. If you get music (Nook Color gets Pandora) what was the last song or singer you looked up?
n/a. And even if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't use mine for music. My Kindle is for BOOKS.
8. How often do you use your eReader?
I try to switch off between reading from my Kindle and reading from a real book. So it goes: real book, Kindle, real book, Kindle, etc...
9. Have you downloaded any magazines?
Nope. Again, I haven't spent any money yet. Also, I don't really read any magazines anyway so...
10. How did you ever survive without an eReader?
I used the library a lot more than I do now, though I still use it quite a bit. And I spent A LOT more money on books! As you all know, I'm a lover of the classics so I was always buying up whatever I found in the bookstore. But now that I can download most of them for free I am overjoyed! It has really helped my pocketbook :)