Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shelfari or Bust


While I’m busy getting hit or miss internet reception thanks to the snowpocalypse in Chicago (fingers crossed for no work Wednesday!), I figured I’d just make this short post to point out the awesomeness that is Shelfari. I’ve been a member for several years now but just recently (as in a year ago) became pretty active and it’s really improved my reading life more than I could’ve imagined. The community is so great and extremely helpful. I’ve gotten such great recommendations on books it’s unbelievable. And I’ve picked up books that I otherwise wouldn’t have really even thought twice about.

The book I just finished is a great example. My review will be coming shortly but I just finished The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly. Now, I’d heard of him before but never read any of his stuff. To be honest, it’s not the type of book I normally go for (sure I have a couple pop fiction books here and there, but not the regular at all). But I saw a review posted by someone I know and trust on Shelfari and they raved about it. So I thought, why not? I mean really what did I have to lose? Well let me just say I was blown away! And I have Shelfari to thank for introducing me to an awesome book AND a whole new author.

So that’s it, my ten-second spot for Shelfari. The semi-new love of my life ;)

1 comment:

WonderBunny said...

Shelfari is awesome for expanding your tbr stack. There is such a diverse set of readers there that you can find all kinds of books that you not have heard about otherwise. I love blogs for that too. :)