Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bechdel Test...Wednesday

Wednesday again? Gosh darnit! Better a day late than never I suppose…

Well, as many of you have heard already, this will be my last post of the week because tomorrow I’m heading to New Orleans until Sunday for vacation. Yay me! I know you’ll all miss me terribly but I just gotta get outta here. Warm weather here I come :)

But I’ll leave you with this last lovely Bechdel Test posting, even though it’s not being posted on its correct day. Grrr. Lately it just seems I have so much other posting that needs to be done on Tuesday that this meme of mine has to get pushed around a bit. Oh well.

Now, last time I covered The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro because I had recently finished it (that review will have to wait until next week because I just don’t have time to do so before I leave). So I’m going to keep going with books I’ve recently finished and do…

The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells
1. Does it have at least 2 women in it?
Nope!
And we’re done in ONE!! In fact, that book doesn’t have a single woman in it. Well, there are some man-beasts that the main character thinks are female but I don’t think that really counts. And besides, they don’t speak.

It’s been a while since a book has failed right out of the gate. Otherwise the book is really phenomenal. You should read the review I posted last week because if I do say so myself, I wrote a pretty kick-ass review.

I’ll be back on Monday kids! You better miss me in the meantime ;)

4 comments:

Red said...

Wow, didn't even make it past the first question. So sad...

Also, have fun in New Orleans!!

Iben said...

Never heard of the Bechdel test before, quite neat :)

Also, following you!

~iben

Darlyn (Your Move, Dickens) said...

What is it about Wells and female characters? I've only read The Time Machine, but there was only one female character and she was portrayed as a weakling. Tsk. Tsk.

llevinso said...

I'm back from my vacation :)

Also Darlyn, that's very sad to hear. I'm really a fan of Wells but that makes me not like him nearly as much.